- One of the most demanding challenges of our promise of performance is the conveyor pulley application field. The extreme loads which such components are subject to, especially the high bending moment, coupled with the simultaneous indispensable reliability and longest possible service life, require the highest of engineering know-how. Our international development team, which has already set benchmarks in quality Locking Assemblies for the RfN 7012, RfN 7012.2, RfN 7015.0 and RfN 7015.1 products, is here setting a further milestone.
- Quality means: high-quality materials and material services, and the most precise workmanship, guarantee sustainable product usage.
- Performance means: reliability, and long service life means: minimization of machine downtime and maximization of service life.
- Price means: not just the newest, but also the most economical RINGFEDER Locking Assemblies product at the high level of performance you are used to.
Typical belt drum application
The bending moment acting on the hub/shaft connection is the main load to evaluate in a belt drum or similar application. Excessive
bending moments can cause overstress in the webs between the screw holes in the Locking Assembly. In the case of additional loads
(bending moments/ radial loads) screw tightening torques may have to be reduced. To limit the influence of the bending load on the locking assembly connection we use the two following criteria during the belt drum design process:
- Shaft deflection from the bending moments may only have a maximum deflection fm < 1/2000 · L (bearing
- The permissible bending load values as shown in the Table / CAD data tab.
Explanation to table
A bending moment, created by radial forces, results in an additional load for the Locking Assembly, shaft and hub. This load creates an additional pressure, works in rotation and has to be superpositioned with the pressure resulting from the Locking Assembly. For a viable connection, a minimum surface pressure at the contact areas between Locking Assembly, shaft and hub must be maintained, as soon as shaft and hub have to take up the maximal pressures. Additionally, the listed torque values (T) have been reduced due to the additional bending moments. To achieve lower stresses for the Locking Assemblies the screw tightening torques (TA) have also been reduced.