- Slimmest design, especially suitable for applications where space is limited. The Locking Assembly RfN 7012 compensates small tolerance deviations and compensates small mounting errors.
- Large transmittable forces and moments – several Locking Assemblies RfN 7012 can be placed one behind the other. The transmissible torque and axial forces are added - please take in this respect consulting with our technical experts.
- Bending moment and radial loads – combined loads can be transmitted. (Please contact our technical department for assistance).
- Easy installation – RfN 7012 Locking Assemblies can bridge large clearances without the loss of transmission values.
- Low risk to contamination – during the tightening process the functional surfaces of the device and connection are pressed together generating a surface pressure that does not allow the ingress of contamination.
- Free from wear – the Locking Assembly RfN 7012 works without moving parts on shaft and hub, through this, abrasive wear and backlash are avoided. Thus, RfN 7012 can be repeatedly clamped and released.
- chain wheels
- slip-on gear mechanisms
- belt drums
- running wheels
- cable sheaves
Mounting of Locking Assembly
The Locking Assemblies are supplied slightly oiled and ready-to-use. The values for T, Fax, pW and pN apply to Locking Assemblies in delivery condition.
For shafts and hub bores Ra = 3,2 μm
We recommend the following mounting tolerances
Shaft: k9-h9; Hub: N9-H9
Max. admissible Shaft: k11-h11; Hub: N11-H11
To avoid excessive deformations of the relatively thickwalled thrust rings, the Locking Assembly should be located as symmetrically as possible between shaft and hub bore. If the shaft is smaller than nominal d, the bore should exceed nominal D to the same extent and vice versa. The concentricity quality is determined by the direct centering between shaft and hub.
Arrangement of several Locking Assemblies RfN 7012
If several Locking Assemblies are to be installed the transmission values of the table can be added when the Locking Assemblies are located within a distance of 4·L.
Change of screw tightening torques
The Locking Assemblies are equipped with 12.9 grade screws. A reduction of the screw tightening torque is possible. The lowest allowable screw tightening torque results from the multiplication of the TA-value by 0,5. There is an approximate linear relationship between T, TA , Fax, pW and pN.
To facilitate removal, the front thrust rings have auxiliary threads.