- Slimmest design - especially suitable for applications where space is limited. The Locking Assembly RfN 7012 stainless compensates small tolerance deviations and compensates small mounting errors.
- Large transmittable forces and moments – several Locking Assemblies RfN 7012 stainless can be placed one behind the other. The transmissible torque and axial forces are added - please take in this respect consulting with our technical experts.
- Easy installation – in comparison to crosspress fits temperature treatments and fitting are eliminated. Locking Assemblies RfN 7012 stainless steel can cover a big fitting clearance.
- Low risk to contamination – during the tightening process the functional surfaces of the device and connection are pressed together generating a surface pressure that does not allow the ingress of contamination.
- Adjustable transmission values – the locking screw torque can be changed giving a corresponding change in transmission values. RfN 7012 stainless Locking Assemblies can be tightened and released repeatedly.
- chain wheels
- slip-on gear mechanisms
- belt drums
- running wheels
- cable sheaves
Mounting of Locking Assembly
The Locking Assemblies are supplied slightly oiled and ready-to-use. The values for T, Fax, pW and pN apply to Locking Assemblies in delivery condition.
We recommend the following mounting tolerances
Shaft: k9-h9; Hub: N9-H9
Max. admissible Shaft: k11-h11; Hub: N11-H11
To avoid excessive deformations of the relatively thickwalled thrust rings, the Locking Assembly should be located as symmetrically as possible between shaft and hub bore. If the shaft is smaller than nominal d, the bore should exceed nominal D to the same extent and vice versa. The concentricity quality is determined by the direct centering between shaft and hub.
Arrangement of several Locking Assemblies RfN 7012 stainless
If several Locking Assemblies are to be installed the transmission values of the table can be added when the Locking Assemblies are located within a distance of 4·L.
Change of screw tightening torques
The Locking Assemblies are generally equipped with A2-70 grade screws. A reduction of the screw tightening torque is possible. (Please contact our specialists for assistance).
To facilitate removal, the front thrust rings have auxiliary threads.